Friday, August 1, 2008

Do you know who your customer is?

Knowing who your customer is (ie your target market) is key to expanding your jewelry business.

As my jewelry and glass business has grown, here are a few ways that I have kept track of my customers....

  • Newsletter sign-up at retail shows and on the e-commerce site, Designing-Diva
  • Custom orders
  • Purchased orders-When at retail shows, I really pay attention to who stops by and who buys my jewelry and glass designs.
  • Abandoned shopping cart visitsWhile my jewelry and glass studio is in my home and NOT open for retail, I use my e-commerce site

By using this information to target my advertising efforts to my niche market, I have been able to grow my business consistently. Here is another example of a business owner who tripled her sales by learning who were customers really were! There is a valuable lesson to be learned....don't assume you know but really find out who your ideal customer is!

To your continued success in your jewelry business,

Randi
P.S. Happy National Girlfriend's Day! Check out my limited edition Riveted Pink Ring for only $25!

No comments: