Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Keeping Up with Google-Universal Search

One of the challenges for my e-commerce jewelry boutique is keeping up with the changes at Google. Hey, I'm an artist and all this SEO and marketing takes a chunk out of my design/studio time!
I found a great article that discusses how to optimize your site for "universal search". The article is written by Tony D. Baker. He is Oklahoma’s leading Internet marketing expert with over 1000 clients and over 10 years of Internet marketing experience. As an author and public speaker, Baker has written several ebooks and has spoken at conferences throughout the United States. Tony D. Baker is currently the host of Xeal Radio, Sunday nights at 6pm on Tulsa's Talk Radio 1170 KFAQ AM.

In a nutshell, Tony says your website can be optimized for universal search using press releases,images,video content, site map so search engine can find links (keep it updated), and the basics like links, keyword rich text, etc...

At this point, I need to add some video content...maybe of me designed fused glass, soldering, etc..."Artist at Work Series" and update my site map....

Hey, if I can do it so can you!!! Don't invent the wheel or make mistakes...there is a lot of great information out there and you can make a difference!

No comments: