Saturday, August 4, 2007

Marketing Tips for Your Handcrafted Jewelry ----The Office Shopping Lunch

One of my favorite gigs is pitching larger sized office or buildings to host a "shopping lunch". What the heck is a shopping lunch?

This is where you the vendor can come in and set up for a few hours so the employees can shop on their lunch hour.

Generally, I set my shop hours from 11am - 2pm depending on the office.

I get thanked all the time for these lunch time diversions! Why? I'm saving people time . I'm providing a service. They love the fact that they can get a gift or treat themselves without running around town. I offer free gift wrapping and hand crafted note cards for those purchasing a gift. My business has been a lifesaver many times or so I'm told!

Best of all, I've never had to pay to be a vendor. In fact, I've been offered money to show up (which I declined in lieu of blatant promotion).

What makes an office shopping lunch successful?
Promotion--When I approach the office or building manager, I either get permission to approach the different companies within the building to promote my "Shopping Lunch" or if I get lucky the folks in Communications will send out an e-mail and a day before reminder. Either way, I offer an incentive for folks to come visit. A FREE DRAWING (no purchase necessary) always pulls people in record numbers.

When I set up, I always have a Free Drawing and Newsletter Sign-Up area with the incentive of 10% off if they sign up....This way I can keep in contact with folks and funnel them to my website/keep in front of them until the next show.

No comments: