Thursday, July 12, 2007

Link Building Tips for New Websites

Check out these 15 tips for link building for new websites from Dosh Dosh. This is a great article and can be used when you first start selling your gorgeous handcrafted jewelry/goods online. It isn't just enough to have a website..."Build it and they will come"...mentality will get you zero traffic and zero sales. Yikes!

I feel pretty good that I've done a lot of thins on this list...good thing because I've had the virtual business for over a year now! ;)

For my virtual jewelry boutique, I have submitted www.Designing-Diva.com places like DMOZ, Google, and Yahoo. Check out this add your url website for more SEO friendly places to submit your url.

If you run a blog like this, you can also build traffic for your blog by submitting your blog url to a variety of blog directories.

I have several link partners to help with PR (page rank).

I have written several press releases since I started my "virtual boutique" which you can see about 2/3 of way down on my press page on my website. I have used PR Leap's free and paid service. I like the fact that I can log in and check my stats.

I get traffic to my main website and blogs through my several lenses on Squidoo.

I have written several articles using Ezine such as Marketing Your Handcrafted Jewelry.

I blog on several other blogs and forums as an expert.

I've held several successful contests.

See even us creative artists can learn the business side!!!

2 comments:

guia said...

hi..you have a nice tips but we are having difficulty in finding a link exchange parter. can you give me any tips on how to find a jewelry link exchange partners? thanks

Dallas Designing-Diva said...

There are several ways to find jewelry link exchange partners. One of the easiest ways is to do a google search for keywords like gold jewelry (etc). You want your links to be to authentic business' that are not in direct competition with what you do. Have you thought about also having links that your customers may be interested in? Like wooden jewelry boxes, cards, etc...????

There are also professional companies that do this for you and there is software so you can diy.

It just depends on your budget and how quickly you are interested in building your links.