Monday, November 12, 2007

Promote Events---Shameless Plugging Works

Phew, 2 big shows with one day in between......crazy but in a GREAT way!

I just did Shecky's Girls Night Out in Dallas and it was spectacular! I owe my success at the show to a few things ( I spoke to 2 other jewelry vendors...one made NO sales and another only sold 2 items):

1. I contacted everyone on my local contact list to let them know I was a vendor at this event and that the sample sale would be for up to 40% off at this event only! Guess what....I had several of my customers come because they didn't want to miss the 40% off !!

2. I blogged about the event and told potential customers about new designs that were going to be previewed at the event (which sold out BTW).

3. I was mentioned as one of the local designers (pre show) in the Dallas Morning News.

4. The height of my one table display ( literally I went up 3 1/2 to 4 feet) because we only got one 8 foot table!!!

5. I know you are thinking...it must have been location....NO! There were NO assigned spots and I was directly across from 2 jewelry vendors, had one on my left (one space over), had one on my right (one space over) and one right behind me!!!!

My sales were great for the night and I got valuable feedback from my target market. I tripled my mailing list in one show! Now, that is marketing success! I "plugged" my next big "public" show ....the Urban Street Bazaar...I got Dallas excited about the Indie Artist Holiday Shopping opportunity!! Woohoo.

Make sure you promote your events...verbally, online, press releases, mailing list, etc....it DOES and CAN make a huge difference to your sales at any show!

No comments: