Thursday, May 10, 2007

Blogging About You, Your Handcrafted Jewelry and Your Business

If you are new to the blogging arena, it can be a little overwhelming. There are many free blogs like this one as well as paid ones.

I have tried WordPress (my hubbie loves and I'm not too fond of) and Blogger. My hubbie also researched TypePad and was impressed but still ended up with WordPress.

At this point, I run quite a few blogs...
1. Designing-Diva Jewelry Buzz
2. Steal My Baubles
3. Jewelry Marketing Tips
4. I'm planning an entrepreneur blog as we speak....

Once I got going, I wanted to know about all the widgets you can add to make your blog more exciting.

I found Debbie Weil's blog very useful and right now she has a free blog writing tips for download. Woohoo. We all love freebies. I also like how she explains why you need to use certain technologies like RSS, videos, etc...

I also like the widget, Snapshot, where when you hover over a link it gives you a mini preview of that page. How cool is that! :)

Plus, there is the revenue side...having ads from Google (aka Adsense), paid/sponsored ads...., etc...

What's your favorite widget? Share with us at Jewelry Marketing Tips!

No comments: