Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Rejection.....again! NEXT!!

One of my marketing goals for the 2008-2009 calendar year is to send quarterly PR kits to 5 major national magazines and to send at least 4 "designs" for consideration to various beading/jewelry related magazines.

Today I got one of many rejection letters thanking me for my design submission from one of my favorite "stringing bead" magazines but ......NO thanks we'll pass!

Sigh.....Rejection. Again.Ok. NEXT!

Why the heck am I sharing my blatant failure/disappointment? It is important to realize that you will be rejected many times from customers, business owners to media/press and you have to learn to NOT take it personally.


Failure doesn't mean that you're a failure... it just means that you haven't succeeded yet.
~Robert Schuler


While I've lost count of how many times I've been rejected, I do not let it interfere with my "head" and continue to be consistent and focus on the next thing that needs to be done (even thought it may result in rejection).

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
~Samuel Beckett

The point is to keep moving forward and learn from your failures/mistakes! When I look back, I'm amazed at how far I've come personally and professionally.....and the future has never looked brighter. Unexpected opportunities and partnerships have arisen through a variety of connections because I have not given up and keep moving forward!

Here's to your success in your handcrafted jewelry business,

~Randi







No comments: