Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Market your Jewelry via Social Networking-online & off

If you are not taking part of the online Social Networking opportunities, you are missing out on a huge marketing revolution for your handcrafted jewelry business ( or any business for that matter).

As an individual, I have a variety of interests outside my "artistic entrepreneur" ventures from being an avid reader to belly dancing! Online social networking allows me to be "me" and share all of my "passions"; this transparency...I'm not there to "sell" anything but tell my personal story....my jewelry/home decor business is just a part of it. As a result, I get a huge amount of traffic because of these "virtual" connections that I've made with people.

I'm not going to review the networking sites but you've been living in the Dark Ages if you haven't heard of Facebook, My Space, Ning, etc.....I encourage you to scout them out and determine which is the best fit for you.

Plus, don't forget to network socially in everyday life....share your passions and business with everyone you come in contact with. Join your local Chamber of Commerce and get active in the community. Are there any other artistic entrepreneurs who would like to get together for social/business coffee chats? Bring your latest project and you'll be amazed at how many strangers will walk up and talk to you about your work; don't forget to hand them a card so they can get in touch with you to buy.

Got any other great networking resources? Feel free to post a comment!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about modeling networks? May be worth a try?

ModelElaine