Monday, March 24, 2008

Attractive Offers for your Customers

How do you know what is an attractive offer to a particular customer?

  • past jewelry shopping history/purchases
  • questions/interest about a particular design
  • tracking what they click through on your website/newsletter
The first two are fairly straight forward and can be done by keeping notes on each customer. The third is invaluable if you have an online e-commerce sitelike me (www.Designing-Diva.com).

I use a paid service (Constant Contact) to collect e-mail newsletter sign-ups because it includes a tracking service for each e-newsletter that I send out. What this means is that I can track who opens the business e-mails that I send and what pictures or links they click on. I can then turn around and use that information to send that newsletter customer a special offer based on their "click through" pattern. I'm not guessing .....I'm using what they've shown interest in on the jewelry website to craft a tailored exclusive offer.

Note: I have not included direct mail or Google ad words which are also ways you can test attractive offers for potential and proven customers.

No comments: