Friday, September 7, 2007

Is Your Packaging/Presentation Drawing The Customer In?

Early on in my biz I held a trunk show at an upscale women's business luncheon, I had several women ask how much they had to spend to get one of the pink vellum purse's that was displayed. Yes, that's right the pink vellum purse that was worth 50 cents had that much pull. This is my standard packaging ( I carry the vellum purses in two sizes) so they would get one with any purchase but that's when it struck me how important packaging /presentation is!! One of many light bulb moments for me!;)

Over the course of my business, I have experimented and noted which package and displays did better at the different shows. Yes, I have noticed a difference between the retail, wholesale and private trunk shows. More often than not it's the "creative" less expensive route that has generated the most buzz for me at any of these shows.What has your experience been?

Whatever packaging/presentation you choose, it must fit the look and feel of your jewelry designs and business logo/colors, etc...

I currently get most of my packaging from Nashville Wraps because I can try out new packaging in small quantities and their customer service to date has been excellent. I use custom stickers so hot stamping is not an issue for me. I also sometimes purchase packaging/display items from Rio Grande as well.

Do you have a favorite packaging resource that you would like to share ? Please leave a comment so others can check it out. Thanks!

No comments: