Wednesday, September 12, 2007

On and Offline Partnerships-Having your Jewelry in More Than One Venue

People won't buy your handcrafted jewelry if they can't see it . Duh! So simple right.Have you considered other partnerships that do not necessarily cost anything up front to get you the exposure you deserve? It can be a wholesale arrangement (when a piece sells you give them a cut up to 50%).

Although, I run a "virtual" jewelry boutique, I have also partnered with other online shopping sites like Mintd, Bagadoodle, and Artisans Market. I'm currently working on two other online partnerships to showcase my jewelry. At my partner sites, I sell jewelry that meets the "feel" of that particular site; all of these sites, take a small % of the profits but it is still cheaper than advertising. Once they are a customer, I can encourage them to sign up for the Diva Newsletter to keep in front of them.

Offline, I have also partnered with other business's from art galleries to salons. One of my most profitable ventures was with a "travelling" art show for corporate events in the DFW.

My point is by partnering with other business's on or offline you will not only get your artist name, business but your handcrafted jewelry in front of more people which ultimately will help you be more successful.

Do you have any partnerships/venue's on or offline that you have had success with? Drop a comment and share your success!

No comments: