Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Do You Work in a Constant State of Creative Clutter

I totally admit that sometimes (well, ok normally) my jewelry & glass studio is messy aka "creative clutter".

I have several different "stations" in the studio:

  • jewelry bench (cut, saw & polish)
  • soldering & lamp work torch area
  • glass grinding area
  • glass cutting area
  • photography area
  • supplies & displays
  • general work area
  • kiln
  • computer & printer-"the office"
  • packing area
At times, I'm overwhelmed by how much "stuff" I have laying around and so just keep walking on past....I call it the don't look, don't see syndrome???Maybe you have it too? :)

One of my goals is to be MORE organized as I get busier with wholesale and retail shows to cut down on my stress level. I was tickled to stumble across an e-book that is a measly $9.95 written by an ARTIST,Diane Dobson-Barton, not a professional organizer on how to get your work area organized!
As a working artist, Diane knows how difficult it can be to have materials take over a work space.


Hmm, does that sound familiar or what? Quit procrastinating & check out Diane's e-book on Controlling Creative Clutter .

Time is my biggest challenge to getting organized (or so it seems). What is yours?

**I am not affiliated with this e-book and do NOT profit from it in any form. It is just a personal recommendation.**

No comments: