Friday, April 13, 2007

5 Ideas for Packaging Your Jewelry

Here are 5 tips for packaging your jewelry that I have had great success with at private trunk shows and retail markets. Use your imagination and creative juices to come up with packaging ideas of your own that will pack a punch and have customers lining up!

1. Colored Kraft Boxes are awesome. I use my scrap booking supplies (stamps, die cuts and stickers) to create "seasonal" packaging that packs a punch but not on my budget.

2. Colored glossy lunch bags with tissue paper. These are just too cute and I close them with pretty ribbon (use a hole punch) and a hand crafted note card.

3. Trinket Boxes. I scour Dollar stores and flea markets for inexpensive trinket boxes that match my business color/logo/style. For my higher end pieces, I display the jewelry with the trinket box and it's a huge hit at private trunk shows.

4. Stainless Steel Tins with tissue or shredded paper are great if your jewelry is contemporary or if you also sell jewelry for men.

5. Think outside the box. Here are just a few great ideas:
****At Easter, I had earrings to go in plastic colored eggs in a darling basket with a sign, "Easter Earrings: Buy 1 for $15 or 2 for $25). Many people purchased without even opening the egg because they wanted to be surprised!
****At Christmas, I had Christmas balls decorated with jewelry displayed inside.

No comments: