Friday, April 20, 2007

Jewelry Product Submissions to Magazines

Jewelry Product Submissions/Pitches to Magazines
are a great way to get free advertising. If you have ever looked into advertising for a magazine, you will know what I am talking about----Major Sticker Shock!

For the independent jewelry business this cost is way out of reach. But sending in a product that may be included in a gift guide or monthly feature, is a way to get in the back door. Your only costs will be the material used, time and the postage. There is NO guarantee you will be included but it so worth the small risk you are taking.

I went to my local library and got all the fashion and celebrity magazines. I started a journal on what the magazines tended to focus on for accessories. I want the jewelry I submit to catch thier attention and be in print. I also focused on the fashion and style editors of the magazine so I can get my jewelry submitted directly to decision makers.

I am working on several designs to submit to magazines and when I do send them I will let you know what happens.

If any other jewelry maker has experiences in this arena, they would like to share please jump on in and comment.

Here's to seeing your jewelry and mine in print!

Technorati tags: ,

No comments: