Saturday, April 7, 2007

HOT Jewelry Marketing Tip: Offer a Gift Guide & Market It

This jewelry marketing tip is HOT. Offer a one page gift guide for special occasions like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Grad 2007, Holiday 2007. This is also a great idea for your seasonal collections: Spring 2007 Gift Guide, etc...What's your best seller? Have a "What's Hot Guide" and feature your business's best sellers.

Here are just a few things to consider for your gift guide:
*Break it down by price (e.g. gifts under $25,$ 50, etc..)
*Break it down by color or style
*Make sure your descriptions include a call to action
*clear photos of your items
*where to buy/shop/purchase your jewelry product
*a discount if applicable
*your contact information with logo (for branding if applicable)

My one page gift guides are "electronic". I do NOT go the printers because it is expensive and not really necessary; I put it up on my website and promote it. I e-mail the gift guide to my customers (you should be in touch with your customers in some way),my local newspaper and magazines (the lifestyle section and fashion section may be looking to fill some blank space and voila you have just received FREE publicity that would have cost you $$$) and local retail boutiques ( I have a list of retail buyers whom I keep in touch with) who may be looking for new stock and haven't been to the wholesale market yet.

My customers look forward to my gift guides and often forward them to friends and family ---viral marketing at work. I often used voucher codes for my gift guides so I can track their success which helps me tweak my presentation, description and call to action.

Have fun with your gift guide and here's to your jewelry marketing success.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey this is really a resourceful post...thanks for sharing this with us...and well as Mothers Day is also approaching this will prove to be really useful to many out there...and well also visit my blog on Mothers Day Gifts and check out some more resources and ideas i've posted there!!!