Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Organization Tips for the Jewelry Artist & Retail Show

Since I first started selling my jewelry at various retail venues, I have been making lists for what I need at shows. I keep this list tacked up in my home studio and whenever I'm getting ready for a show it reminds me of all the things I should pack.

Here is my "Staying Organized for The Jewelry Artist" to survive the show!

1. Jewelry, of course!
2. Tables (bring your own or rent)
3. Table cloths
4. EZ Up Tent & sides
5. Lighting
6. Display busts
7. Signage
8. Petty cash
9. Credit card processor ( I use a wireless system with printer)
10. Business cards
11. Pens
12. Sign Up for My Newsletter -book
13. Custom order agreements
14. Sales book
15. Calculator
16. Measuring tape & ring sizer
17. Jewelry project-supplies & tools ***
18. Lunch ;)
19. Jewelry boxes, bags & tissues to wrap up the items for the customer
20. Mirror
21. Polishing cloth
......

***I often take a few small jewelry projects. It draws attention to the fact that I'm an artist and even though the sign says handcrafted jewelry they can see for themselves. It is a great conversation starter and I have often sold the item I'm working on because the customer has made an emotional attachment to the piece I'm making through our conversation.

No comments: