Sunday, April 29, 2007

Business 2.0 Article Review--"How To Scale Mt. Google"

My husband and I are both entrepeneurs. He is an internet marketer and I'm a jewelry artist with an online boutique, Designing-Diva Jewelry.

As my jewelry boutique is virtual, I like to keep on top of technology. I absorb some from my husband and his business conversations but I learn the most from the Business 2.0 magazine**. You can get a free trial here.**No affiliation I just think this magazine is a good read!

The May 2007 issue has a great article titled, "How to Scale Mt. Google". If you have any kind of web presence, a little red light in your brain should be flashing now. ;)The article was written by Paul Sloan who also runs a blog, The Key, that covers the ever-changing Internet landscape.

The article deals with getting our site on the first page of Google for "keyword search" and how that can translate into bigger $$$ for you (because you and your product/service are being found!).

Here are just a few things that Mr Sloan covers to make sure your website is appearing on the first page of Google for your "keyword".....

1. Links--getting quality links
2. Competitor Links
3. Testing keyword ads

I do not want to give away Mr Sloan's article but the point is that if you have a web presence, you must be on top of your game SEO wise. If you do not know what is, you have a problem . BTW it stands for search engine optimization.

There are a lot of SEO companies and some website companies will assist you when you set up with organic SEO if you contract their services to design and host your site. I am not making any recommendations but encouraging you to learn and check this out for your self; it will mean more and you will be able to make an informed decision.

Anyone else in "jewelry business" have a favorite business resource they would like to share??? Post a comment!

No comments: