Saturday, April 21, 2007

Silent Auctions-Great Way to Market Your Jewelry to the Community

We live in a suburb in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Our local community paper is a great place for me to find Silent Auctions and other fund raiser to place my jewelry line in.

When I submit a jewelry item, it is always tagged with my business information. I also include a gift box and pink purse with my logo to be displayed along side the jewelry item that is donated. Of course, it has never been a problem to include business cards and I always ask if coupons can also offered.

These have been a great way for not only my jewelry line to gain visibility but free marketing. Often the Silent Auctions/fund raisers will write a press release or give out thank you notes to the attendees that list the donating companies with contact information.

I have had several new customers as a result of helping out in my community.

Has any other jewelry artist had an experience with a Silent Auction or fund raiser that they would like to share? Post a comment.

No comments: