Saturday, April 14, 2007

Keep Your Jewelry Fresh

I know what you are thinking....jewelry is NOT produce why does it need to be fresh! :) My point is that you must not be stagnant when creating jewelry. You may have a signature line or piece but in order to offer the customer something different (or fresh) so they'll come back to see what you have now.....

Here is one way I let my customer's know what's fresh or NEW at Designing-Diva Jewelry; when folks sign up for the newsletter, they are asked what they would like to be notified of general updates, sales, new designs, etc...

The folks who sign up for New Designs will get an e-mail with the new design and a discount for a limited time. I know people like these for two reasons:my e-mail stats and the fact if I don't have a fresh/new idea at least once a month I get e-mails say where's the new design sneak preview.

For those of you who don't have a website, make sure that your display a retail event/markets highlights "What's New". Create interest for returning customers and new customers alike.

The other thing you can do to keep your jewelry fresh is important as well. Invest in your education; learn new skills. I started out just straight beading with my business. I have added the following skills to my repertoire:

1. Crocheting with 26-28 guage silver wire

2. Wire Wrap Techniques

3. Viking Knit

4. Chain Maille techniques

5. Fused & Dichroic Glass

6. Metalsmithing

7. Lampwork glass beads

What does this mean? I can offer truly ORIGINAL designs to my customers.

No comments: