Monday, April 9, 2007

5 Business Actitivities You Must Do Consistently to Grow your Jewelry Business

1. Get in front of customers every day. For me that means, I advertise online and offline to drive customers to my online jewelry boutique.
**I post for FREE everyday in Craigs List
**I have Google Ads
**I hand business cards out everywhere I go because I "wear" my business and get comments all the time.
**I submit online press releases
**I submit articles to my local paper

2. I add a new offline or online venue to contact every single day. I call mid-upscale boutiques ( the newspaper is a great resource) and ask to speak to the owner or retail buyer; this is how, I have attained several wholesale accounts. I also search other venues online that I can write an article for in exchange for a link, or a place that I can post a blurb (social networking sites) about what I do, etc...

3. Ask for a Referral. Whenever I have a customer, I always tell them if you love the jewelry,

Tell your Friends
. Another example of viral marketing (yes, I do sound like a broken record).

4. Customer Service Excellence: offer the best customer service starting with their shopping experience, checkout and impression of your jewelry (package and display). But it doesn't stop there, keep in touch with your customers ( I use e-mail) and I offer Customer Rewards (Diva Bucks, private sales and trunks shows).

5.LISTEN to your Customers: if you just listen, they will tell you what you could do to improve and if they don't ASK.
Is there anything that we could be doing better? Did we meet your expectations?
These are just a few ways to get feedback. If you do get negative feedback, do NOT react. Write it down and look at what they have said. Is it an angry customer or is it a valid point? If it is valid, you better change and quick because it could be hurting your business.

In order to have a successful jewelry business, you must do these 5 activities consistently.

If you found this information helpful or if you have soemthing to add, post a comment. If you would like to see other topics covered, post that too.

No comments: